Providing advanced tools for the analysis of ancient text Greek texts by providing:
- Reader friendly interface (books are an art form and should be presented accordingly)
- Morphologically tagged works (using automated tools and crowd-sourcing)
- Search engine designed for detailed study (like finding all of the instances of και after a noun with the definite article but before one that doesn't have it)
The intention of TextCritical.com is to provide an updated interface but achieving many of the goals of Perseus.
Roadmap¶Long-term plans including offering features such as:
- eBook creation: ability to create eBooks of selected works. May provide the ability to make "reader's editions" that include the definitions and/or parsing of Greek words inline (e.g. "make me an ebook of Josephi Vita with definitions for all words that occur 10 times or less").
- Word use research: ability to do an analysis of a word to determine if the word or phrase is commonly used by the author or other authors, etc.
- Vocabulary tool: that allows readers to view the most common words in a given text so that you can build up your vocabulary
- Crowd-sourced parsing: so that readers of the site can select sections of text and agree to provide parsing data beyond that which automated analysis can do (like associating pronouns to the subject/object).
- Content Sources
- Developer Guide
- UI evolution