App sometimes doesn't work with older versions of requests
#2 Updated by Luke Murphey almost 2 years ago
- Moving up the library causes the following error:
test.run_unit: [exec] Traceback (most recent call last): [exec] File "unit.py", line 23, in <module> [exec] from google_drive_app import GoogleLookupSync, SpreadsheetInaccessible, gspread, lookupfiles [exec] File "../src/bin/google_drive_app/__init__.py", line 39, in <module> [exec] from oauth2client.service_account import ServiceAccountCredentials [exec] File "../src/bin/google_drive_app/oauth2client/service_account.py", line 25, in <module> [exec] from oauth2client import client [exec] File "/Users/lmurphey/Splunk/800/etc/apps/google_drive/bin/google_drive_app/oauth2client/client.py", line 39, in <module> [exec] from oauth2client import transport [exec] File "/Users/lmurphey/Splunk/800/etc/apps/google_drive/bin/google_drive_app/oauth2client/transport.py", line 17, in <module> [exec] import httplib2 [exec] File "/Users/lmurphey/Splunk/800/etc/apps/google_drive/bin/google_drive_app/httplib2/__init__.py", line 475 [exec] print("%s:" % h, end=" ", file=self._fp) [exec] ^ [exec] SyntaxError: invalid syntax
- The library being used is 0.14.0
- The http2lib has a Python 2 and 3 version
- Does the app work if I move up the requests import?
- No, http2lib blows up
- Does http2lib support Python 2.7?
- It "Requires Python 2.7, 3.4, or later.": https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/blob/master/index.html
- Have http2lib imported after the built-in version
- Remove http2lib entirely
- I can remove it, but the library will still exist on hosts that already installed the app
- Change to a supported http2lib library ** **